Monday, January 15, 2007

Results of New York Trip

Well, just back from New York...and the trip was a success personally (because I really think my Grandparents are neat people and they really enjoy catching up with Gabby and Sam) and for my family history research.

My grandfather was really interested in what I had discovered. He was really happy to see the passenger list with his grandfather and grandmother's name in it. He also liked seeing his name in the 1930 U.S. Census. In the end, he walked me through his whole family and gave me a box of family photos, his World War II dog tags and enlistment records, his regimental histories and funeral mass cards for many of my ancestors (which list the death dates)!

My grandmother doesn't like to discuss her past as much for reasons I'm not going to publish online. But, she also filled in the holes in her background and disproved this research I discussed earlier.

All in all a great trip to visit with family...and a great trip for moving my research along!

No comments:

Post a Comment