Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Done preparing for my trip to my Grandparents in New York

Finally stopped playing around researching long enough to set up for my trip to New York to visit my Grandparents. Not taking a computer (have a PocketPC phone to check email and surf the web on), so set up a binder. Used an old tried and true method. Since I am only worried about the one branch of my family research, printed out a pedigree chart -- four generations is all I need on that side. I then set up a small binder with a tabs labelled 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 corresponding to the numbers of the male boxes on the pedigree chart. Into each section, I put the primary family group sheet up front (the one represented by the box on the pedigree chart), then the family group sheet for any other marriages by the two ancestors, then family group sheets for any children not in my line. (I actually only know with some certainty boxes 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. I put a family I am speculating is the correct family in section 12 so I can discuss with my Grandparents.)

Finally, I printed copies of the sources I've digitized and dropped them in the right section.

Still need to print out a few blank forms and put some blank paper in the folder, but that should be quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment