Friday, January 26, 2007

Legacy Web Pages and my Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone

Had to go on a business trip this week. At the last minute I decided to export my whole family file as a web page using Legacy's web page creator and try them on the phone, so I could contemplate my next steps while on the road.

Wow! What a great idea! It was only a few megs of files and, using mobile Internet explorer on the phone, I was able to view all of my data (I set it to pretty much export everything including the pictures and images of sources). I could zip along in the tree mode and find anyone in the name index.

I was about to drop some money on getting a Windows Mobile program that would sync with legacy, but after this experiment, have decided not to. Why? Because it was very easy to access all the data on the web system in my phone and, since I don't believe in editing my database in the middle of researching something, I don't need to pay just to be able to edit the data on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment