Sunday, December 27, 2015

The new Our American Melting Pot blog

Welcome to the new “Our American Melting Pot Blog.” It has been more than eight years since the last time I have posted here and those posts were really more sharing research, not stories.

I have set up this blog to share the stories of our family. I’d like to keep the posts short and more colorful. There is a link on the left to our research if you’d like to explore the details.

While family history has been a primary hobby of mine for more than 20 years, because of my work and family, I work in fits and starts. Recently, I have been cleaning up my research and focused on two family groups. The first one is my Krupa ancestors, who are my maternal Grandmother’s Grandparents. The second is Lora’s Van Treeck ancestors, who are her paternal Grandmother’s family.

Generally, I prefer to research in family groups. For example, the Krupa family I am researching is the Jan and Regina (nee Bochnia) Krupa family. I group all of my research, including all their descendants into a single research file or grouping. So, for the Krupa-Bothnia family group, that family and all of their descendants are grouped together. However, I am descendent from them through their daughter, Anna. She is included in her own family group, the Kazmierski-Krupa group. 

Why is this important? Because I plan to try to write a brief story on each family group as I research them. The first one will be Krupa-Bochnia. And I expect to do some of the Van Treeck family groups soon thereafter. You will find links to all the postings by family group and surname on the right. Then I will add posts on specific findings that I found interesting.

I’ve linked this blog to multiple places so you can follow it on Facebook, Twitter, Google, via email or by subscribing to the RSS feed. The links are on the right of the main page. Please select one.

So we will see how this goes. I don’t expect that there will be a lot of postings, but I’ll try to post once a month or so. Let me know what you think via the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment