Sunday, February 4, 2007

Naturalization card for Martin Hambsch

Found my first naturalization record today, which, much like finding an ancestor on a ship's passenger list, is exciting because it's a big step towards my goal of tracing all my children's ancestors back "to the shore" when they immigrated to the U.S.

Here's an image of the index card for Martin Hambsch born 2 Oct 1865 in German. I believe Martin is my Grandmother's biological grandfather.


Citation: Ancestry.com. New York Petitions for Naturalization [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004. Original data: Soundex Index to Petitions for Naturalization filed in Federal, State, and Local Courts located in New York City, 1792-1906. New York, NY, USA: National Archives and Records Administration, Northeast Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment